There are so many times when we desire to have things work out perfectly.  More often than not – they don’t. Especially, when it comes to making choices about what to eat. My Wabi-Sabi approach to nutrition is finding a balance between what your body needs and what your tastebuds crave. One method that I have found to work for me is the 80-20 rule. I strive to make good nutrition decisions 80% of the time. The remaining 20% of the time, I allow myself to enjoy dessert, a glass of wine or a slice of pizza. The most helpful tool for accomplishing this balance is maintaining a food journal. Holding myself accountable keeps my calories in check!